In order to understand consumers, their customs and habits, it is very important to know what they buy and where and how they spend their money. Here is some data about the average expenditure per household in Spain in 2018.
Average expenditure per household
The average expenditure per household was 29.871 euros in 2018, which meant an annual increase of 2.3% In constant terms, that is, eliminating the effect of inflation, the average expenditure per household grew by 1.4%.
There are significative differences by region. While in Madrid the average expenditure per household is 34.793 euros, in Extremadura is just 23.429 euros. The main reason for this is the housing market in different cities. While in Madrid a household spends an average of 11.729 euros, in Extremadura they expend only 7.046 euros on housing. You can further analyze this information here: http://ine.es/infografias/gastosepf/desktop/gastos.html?t=0&lang=en
With regard to the distribution of average household expenditure, most are distributed, as usual, in three large groups:
- Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels, with an average expenditure of 9.181 euros, which accounted for 31% of the total household budget. The expenditure has increased by 4,6% from 2017.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages, to which they dedicated 4.223 euros, is 14% of the budget. In this group, the most relevant sub-categories are consumption in meat (3.2% of total expenditure), bread and cereals (2.0%), fish and seafood (1.7%), and milk, cheese and eggs (1.6%).
- Transport, with an average cost of 3.790 euros, is 13% of the total. In this group, the highest sub-categories are fuels and lubricants (4.3% of the budget), automobiles (3.8%) and maintenance and repair of vehicles (2.0%).
Average expenditure per person
The average expenditure per person was 12.019 euros, with an increase of 2.5% compared to 2017. Ignoring inflation, the change was 1.6%. The expenditure varies significantly by region. From 14.406 euros in the Basque country to 8.702 euros in Ceuta. You can further analyze this information here: http://ine.es/infografias/gastosepf/desktop/gastos.html?t=1&lang=en
Online shopping keeps growing
- In 2018, 30.3% of households made some expenditure through the Internet, compared to 25.7% of households the last year. The average annual expenditure of these households was 1,856 euros, 7.7% more than the last year.
- The expenditure made by households through the Internet was 10,475 million euros, which is accounted for 1.9% of total expenditure and an increase of 27.7% compared to 2017.
- 44% of people between 16 and 74 years old have shopped online in the last 3 months.
Source: INE Instituto Nacional de Estadística (National Institute of Statistics)
Today is the International Women´s Day (IWD) and from “Spain Market Research” we want to celebrate it. We would like to share the long way that Spanish women faced during the last century and some achievements that they have reached recently.
Continue reading Interesting Facts and Figures About Women in Spain
Nowadays, social media is omnipresent. Customers rarely part with their smartphone and are continuously connected to their social networks. Moreover, businesses join multiple social networks in order to connect with their customers. In this article, Spain Market Research look at how and why customers use social media in Spain. We research at why would a customer interact with a brand on social media. We compare data from 2014 with data from 2015.
Continue reading Social Media Usage in Spain: Trends and Tendencies for 2016
Do you need help understanding Spanish customers?
We live in a big planet with different cultures, languages, customs, history, etc. Every country is different, unique and special. So from Spain Market Research we would like to give some interesting information about Spanish customers:
Continue reading Interesting facts and figures about Spanish culture and customs
When a new year comes, everybody likes to look for trends about different themes: fashion, technology, science, art, food, sports, music, etc… From Spain Market Research, we were curious to see which are the “Market Research trends for 2016”, and after a small research I found out a very interesting article. I hope you enjoy it.
Continue reading Market Research Trends for 2016
From Spain Market Research we would love to show you the top 10 reason to do business in Spain.
- Spain has one of the most attractive domestic markets in Europe, with 46 million potential consumers.
- In addition, 60 million tourists visit the country every year.
- Spain is the world’s 13th largest economy in terms of GDP and 5th largest in the European Union.
Continue reading The Top 10 Reasons To Do Business in Spain
Today it’s possible to find many tools that can help the most inexperienced user quickly begin doing sophisticated analysis and produce great visualizations from many different types of data. The democratization of data exploration is well underway, and from Spain Market Research we can give you a small overview.
Continue reading New Tools Democratizing Data Analysis & Visualization
Mobile is increasingly important in Market Research. There is a very interesting article that pulled together some key facts on global mobile usage in March 2014. And from Spain Market Research we want to give you a small overview:
Continue reading Mobile Market Research: 10 Key Facts for Researchers
#coloremotionguide #marketing #marketresearch #galagarciapriet #spain @marketresearchspain
Here are the 10 predictions about the future of the market research industry:
- The traditional market research agencies that refuse to change will go out of business
- DIY market research will catch on even more and will democratise our sector
- Social listening analytics will be a must-have for every marketing and market research manager Continue reading 10 Predictions About The Future Of The Market Research Industry In The Digital Age